Implants have been regarded highly in the world of dental restorations owing to all the advantages they offer. Implants are the most sought-after solution to replace missing natural teeth. Since they are placed directly in the jawbone, they are the closest alternatives for our natural teeth.
What are the Advantages of Implants?
- Dental implants are the most stable among the restorations as they are placed in the jawbone.
- The screw-like grooves on the surface of the implant stud keep the jawbone intact and prevent its deterioration.
- Implants prevent the adjoining teeth from drifting from their ideal positions.
- Implants rehabilitate your ability to bite and chew food.
- In case your pronunciation has taken a hit due to the loss of your tooth, implants restore your natural phonetics.
- They can be personalized to mimic the appearance of the adjoining teeth.
- Implants enable you to smile with confidence without being conscious of the missing tooth.
- They are highly durable and long-lasting.
What Are the Criteria for Dental Implant Eligibility?
Individuals who are considering dental implants to replace their missing teeth should satisfy the following criteria:
- Healthy jawbone with enough volume and size
- Ample spacing available for placing the implant
- The overall healthy state of body and mind
- Optimum oral health
- Willingness to undergo oral surgeries and visit the dentist for multiple consultations
How Do We Place Dental Implants?
At Bradley C. Jones, DDS Family Dentistry, we conduct various tests and take X-rays and digital scans during the initial consultation to determine your eligibility for implants. It helps us determine whether or not implants are suitable for you. Based on the observations, we will prepare you for the procedure. We will take X-rays and digital scans of the mouth and use the same as a reference for fabricating the ceramic crown.
The implantation surgery will be carried out to place the metal implant stud in the jawbone in place of the missing tooth. We will administer local anesthesia before commencing to ensure the oral tissues are numb and you do not experience any pain or discomfort. The implant will be secured with the help of dental cement, and a healing period over the next six months will ensure the bone will fuse with the metal stud.
After the healing period is complete, we will place a connecting abutment on the implant. The ceramic crown will be bonded to it using dental adhesives and checked for proper alignment. In case any issues with the bite are encountered, we will make subtle changes to give you a perfectly fitting prosthetic tooth. We will then polish it to improve its aesthetics.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts at Bradley C. Jones, DDS Family Dentistry at Napa, CA to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (707) 224-6006 or reach out through online consultation and we’ll be happy to help.